Product Design Lead
Our team is looking for a product designer to help us create a beautiful, engaging experience across web, mobile, and email that meets the high expectations of our customers.
We want people who are:
- Self starters. We’re working in a fast paced environment with a small team. While we’re constantly collaborating on various activities, we need individuals who are self-directed and are able to keep pace with our team with limited direction and oversight.
- Collaborative and multi-disciplinary. Our team is composed of programmers, designers, implementation specialists and healthcare experts. We need folks who are open to multi-disciplinary collaboration and are thoughtful and open in facilitating conversations and critiques and responding to feedback.
- People-centered. We put the value and usability of our product above all and are invested in ensuring a seamless, delightful user experience for our customers through iterative testing and development.
- Driven to make an impact in healthcare. Healthcare is messy, and it takes a certain type of person to have both the confidence and the perseverance to attempt to fix things. We’re motivated each day by the potential for impact we’re making in the lives of healthcare providers and patients.
- Excited about working in a start-up environment. For us, this means short timelines, hard work, less than glamorous conditions, and the ability to be a bit scrappy when we need to. We want people who are resourceful, ambitious and comfortable with ambiguity.
- UI and interaction design for web/mobile. We believe UI and interaction design go hand in hand. Working collaboratively with user researchers, design the behaviors and events that compel a user to interact with our product, along with the visual look and feel of the site. Collaborate with developers to effectively implement, and with developers and user research to measure the impact of what we launch for further refinement.
- Prototype development. Create visual representations and basic prototypes of new concept features and interactions for testing.
- Branding. Refine existing brand guidelines and applications to inform the future appearance of our product and the Flare Health online presence.
- Concept development. Work closely with our product team and industry experts to develop and define the future of our platform.
- 3+ years experience in design roles at a tech company
- Experience working on designs for web and mobile
- Experience preparing for usability research, and collecting and responding to outputs
- Thoughtful portfolio that demonstrates excellent command of composition, typography, color and fundamental communication
- Technical proficiency with design tools. Experience and skill in any of the following is a plus: sketching, photography, interactive prototyping tools.
Please send your resume, a brief statement on why the job appeals to you, and a pdf or link to your portfolio to email@example.com.